Welcome Spring! I’ve missed you!
I’m so ready to put the winter behind me. In our small corner of the world, we’ve spent most of the past 3 months battling various pesky germs that produced flu, upper respiratory troubles, and bronchitis. We’re all finally healthy!
During those months, any renovation on the house took a backseat. The only contributions have been hanging a tree trunk in the living room to serve as a curtain rod and cleaning the carpets. We couldn’t work outside either. Even on the days that the temperature was warm enough, the yard was a mucky, muddy mess and with the type of clay that we have here, in combination with the moles that have done a number on my yard, you could seriously be stuck up to your knees for days unless you have a buddy to pull you out or you want to pull out of your boots and walk barefoot through it.
I did, however, manage a trip to Austin, Tx in February for If Gathering 2015. Had a GREAT time! In the middle of all that January – March brought, I also stage managed two local pageants with my steadfast backstage crew (thanks, family!) and now, the fun begins preparing the local winners for their respective state pageants in interview.
Best books I read during January thru March:
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle — A re-read for me. I enjoyed it as much as I did when I was a kid.
- Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good by Jan Karon — I recommend this book if you’re a fan of Mitford. I enjoyed getting back to Mitford and the town’s endearing citizens.
- Light Through An Eastern Window by K.C. Pillai — A unique perspective on portions of scripture.
- Serena by Ron Rash — She is some kind of woman.
- The Explicit Gospel by Matt Chandler — I gleaned more from the book than I did from the workbook study.
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr — By far, this book is the best of the bunch. I wrote a review last week. Click here for it.
Musically, I’ve listened to a mix of songs but these pieces are some of my new favorites.
Balmorhea “Lament”; Sleeping At Last “In the Embers”; Olafur Arnalds “This Place is a Shelter”; Marc Broussard “The Wanderer”; Mezzoforte “Cruising”; Zach Sobiech “Clouds”
Current favorites in TV and film:
- Gilmore Girls
- Fixer Upper
- Dinner at Tiffani’s
Most Viewed Blog Posts:
For January, my post about using a personal stylist was the overwhelming winner. My most popular post for February and March was the same: If Gathering 2015.
Other Posts around the web that I loved:
Mundane Faithfulness Kara Tippetts — Any post really is a blessing but this one, “Letters to my readers upon my death,” is recent and displays her incredible spirit.
I’m linking up with What I’m Into at Leigh Kramer.
“…stop and consider God’s wonders.” Job 37:14 NIV Bible