Fifty Things I’ve Learned
This month in honor of my BIG (and I mean really BIG) birthday I thought I’d post some list fun.
50 Things I’ve Learned
- I’m still learning.
- Don’t pull the cat’s tail — she will bite!
- Read good books.
- Don’t waste your time on grumpy people.
- Buy real leather not “pleather”.
- Sometimes you need a drink and a peer group — My drink of choice is tea.
- Everybody is not the same color in the crayon box.
- A little blush makes everybody look a little prettier.
- If the shirt doesn’t fit its not your problem but the designer’s.
- Lipstick, Lipstick, Lipstick–Trust me.
- Sand gets everywhere, even in the cracks. (True Statement)
- Mexican should be eaten weekly, it helps to make you diverse.
- When your daughter gets big she can be your friend (and help you make this list).
- The best stories come from the Bible.
- Marry your best friend.
- Wear sunscreen, not baby oil. Your old skin will thank you!
- Vacations do the soul good.
- Be kind.
- Everybody needs a mental health day.
- Stop procrastinating….tomorrow.
- Uggs were always UGGLY (but incredibly comfy)
- It’s not always easy to let your children grow up.
- Never combine orange juice and doughnuts—YUCK!
- It’s not always about you.
- Good manners never go out of style.
- Weddings are more fun to plan for your daughter, (son wasn’t too bad either).
- Never underestimate the power of a picture.
- Sometimes people just need to talk. They do not always need advice.
- Goldfish make boring pets.
- Every age of a child’s life is interesting, there is not a bad age, only different.
- Movies are better with popcorn and family.
- Chocolate chip cookies always make you feel at home.
- You can take a girl out of the South, but you can’t take the South out of a girl.
- Don’t be quick to judge–you’re probably wrong. (work in progress)
- Try to laugh everyday. Hahaha!
- Being silly isn’t just for kids.
- If it smells bad, you probably don’t want to touch it, or eat it.
- Chill, Don’t get your panties in a wad–wear the right size.
- If you want to hide something put it up high in the cabinet (ie. the Nutella).
- Take the trash out of your car every time you get out, and your car will stay clean.
- No one enjoys laundry or the dishes.
- Be who you are.
- Be the little engine that could.
- It’s always exciting to find money in your pocket, not used kleenex.
- Silence can be comforting.
- Pray, Pray, Pray, and if you get tired just fall asleep, God understands.
- And on that note, a nap is a good idea.
- Everybody wants to be asked, even when they can’t attend.
- It’s amazing what can be accomplished in the fifteen minutes before company arrives.
- I love you–its that simple.
“She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.”
Proverbs 31:25 NIV Bible