A few certainties I’ve learned about Christmas over the years. Maybe, you’ve learned them, too. Feel free to add to the list in the comment section.
1. Christmas comes whether you’re ready for it or not.
2. There is no end to shopping or deals or the one last thing you need at the grocery store.
3. Not everybody will be happy with each other at the family gathering or with all of their presents.
4. Too much consumption of something will make you feel bloated and miserable.
5. The face of a child at Christmas is precious, no matter their age.
6. People will surprise you by their random acts of patience, kindness, and love.
7. Starbucks won’t have any of their sea salt left for their salted caramel hot chocolates since they ran out first of November.
8. Someone will forget to buy batteries.
9. Most people know the first verse to Christmas carols.
10. Kittens and puppies can’t resist chewing on the presents or low hanging ornaments on the tree.
11. Fresh evergreens smell wonderful but when dried out, they make a mess and are sticky.
12. Christmas cards are fun to receive in the mailbox. Those with a handwritten note are extra special.
13. Some will have a difficult and sad Christmas.
14. Jesus’s birth will be celebrated and remembered by many around the world.
“This is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another.” 1 John 3:11 NIV Bible