The start of a new year is a wonderful time to take a look back to see where you’ve been, to take a look ahead and to assess where you are now. Today, I’m sharing my look back at 2013’s journey.
2013: In the blog world
- I began purging my office and we began a major living room renovation.
- We vacationed on the beach and I celebrated my BIG birthday with my husband in Banff, Canada.
- I also celebrated my BIG birthday by sharing my vast wisdom of things I’ve learned in my 50 years and a little trip down music memory lane.
- I changed my blog address.
- I started a new website ministry, Sweeter Than Honey Ministry which is an online blog/bible study ministry.
- For my 31 Day series in October, I shared what it means to me to be Southern. I also twisted the arms of my daughter and daughter-in-law to do some of the sharing on video.
- Last but not least, I shared recipes, books, DIY, a giveaway and had 3 lovely blog friends, Cammy, Katie and Sarah, guest post.
2013: In the real world
We had rain, rain, and more rain about 64.6″ of it. Most of it came in 3-4″ showers.
I treasured each moment with my adult children and loved watching their lives unfold.
Honey Do and I hung out 9 times this year while I had my Remicaid infusions. The first part of 2013 was touch and go about remaining on it but I’ve leveled out and for now, I’m fortunate to remain on it.
The girls and I cooked and cooked particularly at Thanksgiving.
Doodlebug couldn’t wait to enjoy her new birthday/Christmas present, a stand up paddleboard, so she paddled in the pool on a chilly December night. We all stood nearby with cameras and phones to capture the epic fall we knew would happen. It didn’t.
Honey Do and our son-in-law took to the strings over Christmas. Honey Do is a wonderful musician and teaches guitar for fun. Don’t you love his cute flower sticker? He is playing my daughter-in-law’s guitar.
2013: In the world with no pictures to share
- I directed weddings, managed pageants, and coached for interviews.
- I taught Bible study at church and online.
- I worked and wrote a short Bible study for online.
- I soul searched.
- I cried big tears over loss.
- I giggled and belly laughed with my family.
- I dealt with frustration over an ongoing situation.
- I read books, watched gobs of movies, ate tons of popcorn and occasionally exercised.
Next post: What’s Happening Now
How was your year? What did you accomplish?
“And God said, ‘Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years.'” Genesis 1:14 NIV Bible