It’s Catie today. My mother is currently very busy with her extensive duties as head elf preparing for Christmas, so this helper elf must step in.
As I’m sure you have experienced, the Christmas stocking is both a joyful gift to receive and a real booger to stuff. I mean, what a weird shape. Right?
However, I want you to have no fear, because, here, at the Davis house, we leave no inch unstuffed. We are expert packers and pack it all the way to the top!
Therefore, without further ado, I give you our 10 step guide to stocking stuffing!!!
1. I’m going to start off with the most important of stuffers, the Christmas Orange. You may be puzzled right now, and while I can’t promise I’m not crazy, I can promise that an orange is the perfect fit for that ever puzzling toe end of the stocking. Try it out! It works every time. It has been a family tradition for well past my lifetime. It fills out that space as well as, providing some balance to all those extra sweets we’ve all been eating! (Don’t lie.)
2. Next, after the orange, is the perfect place to stuff those Christmas socks that everybody secretly loves to get and we all need. If you have any boys in your life, you may not even bother with themed socks just stuff it with everyday white, you know they need ’em.
3. After that, comes the fun stuff like “Silly Putty” or “Play-Doh.” If you’re a kid, you’ll love it ’cause it’s fun! If you’re a grown up kid, you love it ’cause it’s fun!
4. Then, comes the part where you can get creative based on the recipient. My sister-in-law and I, for instance, tend to get fun things like new mascara, nail polish, or pretty bracelets.The boys get gadgety things like key ring tape measures, themed ear buds, or shaving accessories.
5. Now, you should be nearing the top of this stocking so the gifts should get lighter at this point. Generally, this is where each member of the family receives a carefully handpicked Pez candy. My past Pez’s include a Cinderella, a Minnie Mouse, a Sleeping Beauty, and a Yoda. (I’m a diverse person.)
6. Next to the Pez, if you know of a favorite candy bar or treat, here is a good place to slide it in. It’s Christmas, so a king size version is acceptable.
7. Now is when I suggest placing any DVDs or Cds you might have purchased, as you should be able to securely slide them along the side of the stocking at this point. (I told you we were experts at this.)
8. At the top of the stocking, the best things are gift cards!! They’re best at the top, because you don’t want them getting lost or misplaced during the un-stuffing process. My suggestions for sure winners are Amazon gift cards or Itunes gift cards and there’s no need to go crazy here, everyone loves a $10 one just as much as any other one. (Though I know I wouldn’t say no to a little extra…)
9. At last, now is the time to fill all the holes that have emerged between all these fabulous gifts in your stocking and what better way to fill them in, but with candy! Sweet, sour, hard, soft, or minty, as long as it’s small, it will work!
10. At the very top, and this truly is saving the best gift for last, spread a little love to wish the special ones in your life a truly blessed and Merry Christmas!
Until next time and Merry Christmas,